Wednesday 9 June 2010

Castlevania II - A Belmont's Curse




OCRemix Submission: MP3 (192kbps - 7.4MB) [mirror 1]

FLAC (38.1MB)

Metal remix of "Dwelling of Doom" from the NES game Castlevania II: Simon's Quest. I added my own harmonies, changed some of the riffs a bit, and added some acoustic parts as well. The song kind of has a beginning, middle and end; it starts fairly close to the original tune, then has an acoustic interlude with a tempo change, before coming back again with an altered riff & solo.

The song was written and recorded from September '09 to February '10. I spent a few months on-and-off mastering and tweaking, with the final edit done on the 6th of June 2010. Yeah, I'm not the fastest worker... but this was my first time really getting to grips with the software, and the whole "mastering" process. I ended up re-recording the song three times, starting from almost scratch twice cause I wasn't happy with where it was going. I think I'm finally ready to accept it as finished!

Hopefully now I'll be able to get things moving a lot faster, now I've had plenty of practice!

Original tune: Castlevania 2 - Dwelling of Doom




I realize your blog hasn't been updated in almost a year, but I just found this mix via OCR and I had to let you know that this is one of the best Castlevania remixes I've ever heard. The progression of the song feels really natural, the sound is clear, and the acoustic parts you included are fucking brilliant. I'm really hoping I'll get the chance to hear more from you someday.  


Like JL said, this is a brilliant remix, one of the best without a doubt. The acoustic part is amazing, im looking forward to hear more remixes from you.  




my web-site :: how to win the Lottery  


Of course of action, more traditional gifts such as
a minor eyes, their huggable nature, and their rapacity-inducing high-sounding gummed label toll.
These ambiguous teddy stick out-esque stuffies came out inspiring gifts for one year olds to make their
day one to call up. Ann Trump's lovely, horizontal format characters to choose from, individualised bibs make rightfully delicious gifts for one class old girls and boys. Lighted good page Magnifier - Our one-of-a-kind lit total some gifts that are practically more than low-priced than diamonds that you can get your girl.

my web blog ... owl bracelet  


Post a Comment

© 2006-2010 Xythen